SOURCE: Carino’s Italian
AUSTIN, TX–(Marketwire – July 26, 2010) – Carino’s Italian restaurants today announced the arrival of its new kid’s menu featuring dishes that are all less than 500 calories. The new kid’s menu illustrates Carino’s Italian restaurants commitment in providing healthy meals to children as the nation continues to combat childhood obesity.
“Since the inception of Carino’s Italian, we have been providing guests with freshly cooked dishes and many healthy choices from our regular menu,” said Creed Ford III. “With the new kid’s menu, parents can be assured that when they dine at Carino’s their children are served healthy and delicious dishes.”
Created by Chef Chris Peitersen, Executive Chef at Carino’s Italian, the new kid’s menu features the following specialty dishes:
- PIZZA PASTA — Chopped spaghetti tossed with tomato sauce, topped with sliced grilled chicken, pepperoni and mozzarella
- CHICKEN & BROCCOLI PENNE — Penne with sliced grilled chicken and broccoli with alfredo sauce
- KIDS PANINI — Mozzarella and turkey grilled panini sandwich served with mandarin oranges; Also available as plain cheese panini
- PIZZA DIPPERS — Cheese pizza slices served with tomato sauce for dipping
- GRILLED CHICKEN — Grilled chicken with spaghetti and tomato sauce or Italian vegetables
- CHEESE STUFFED PASTA — Cheese stuffed pasta with tomato sauce
“Children’s well-being and their health have always been important to Carino’s Italian,” said Chef Peitersen. “We are excited for our young guests to try the new items on the kid’s menu. This is proof that healthy meals can be tasty meals.”
About Carino’s Italian restaurants
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, Carino’s Italian owns and operates over 70 restaurants nationwide in conjunction with over 60 franchise partner locations. Carino’s Italian offers a wide selection of original, fresh, delectable dishes at superior value that every family can afford to enjoy. Carino’s Italian restaurants are wholly owned by Fired Up, Inc. For more information about Carino’s Italian restaurants, visit http://carinos.com. “Like” Carino’s Italian on Facebook at http://facebook.com/carinositalian and follow Carino’s Italian at http://twitter.com/carinositalian.