The Ritz-Carlton Offers Tips to Help Newly Engaged Couples Choose a Wedding Venue
CHEVY CHASE, MD–(Marketwire – July 6, 2010) – Wedding venues set the stage for the celebration, so it’s only natural that many couples’ top priority is choosing a venue. And although romantic backdrops, stunning views, creative culinary staff and on-site coordinators should factor into which wedding venue a couple chooses, there are also more practical matters the bride and groom should be aware of before making their final decision.
To assist newly engaged couples in planning their big day, The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company, L.L.C., a global leader in hotels, service and lifestyle, suggests receiving answers to the following questions before selecting a wedding venue:
- Can the reception and ceremony sites accommodate equivalent numbers of guests?
- Does the venue provide a single point of contact throughout the wedding planning process?
- Is the wedding venue convenient to the ceremony venue? Airports? Attractions? Guests’ homes?
- Does the venue provide on-site catering, photographers, floral design and lighting specialists? Or can they suggest preferred vendors who understand the facility and are known for high-quality work?
- Does the wedding coordinator have the expertise to create culturally inclusive receptions and/or ceremonies?
- Can wedding packages be tailored to the bride’s and groom’s specific requests?
- Is the wedding coordinator able to assist in planning the honeymoon? If not, whose responsibility will that be?
In addition to requesting information about specific wedding venues under consideration, couples should meet with the facilities’ wedding coordinators. This will not only give them the opportunity to share their vision, ideas and concerns with the coordinator, but it will allow all parties involved to develop a successful, professional relationship.
For complete information about the wedding venues and services available at The Ritz-Carlton, visit www.ritzcarlton.com/en/Events/Weddings/Default.htm.