SOURCE: Amelia Island CVB
AMELIA ISLAND, FL–(Marketwire – July 28, 2010) – The Amelia Island Convention & Visitors Bureau (CVB) announces several lodging accommodators offering special rates for the Great Southern Tailgate Cook-off, scheduled for Aug. 27-28. The Cook-off provides visitors with the opportunity to sample barbeque from some of the top competitors in the country, enjoy free entertainment and explore the beautiful island atmosphere.
The Cook-off takes place at Main Beach on Amelia Island, Florida and features more than 30 professional teams, including Myron Mixon from the hit TLC show Pitmasters, and 10 backyard (amateur) teams. The Great Southern Tailgate Cook-off is a Kansas City Barbeque Society sanctioned event, a Florida State Championship event and a fundraiser with the Gator Bowl Association.
The following Amelia Island hotels and inns offer discounts for the Great Southern Tailgate Cook-off**:
- Addison on Amelia offers a free night on reservations of four nights or more.
- Amelia Hotel at the Beach provides rates starting at $85 per night (rate code COOK).
- Amelia Island Plantation features rates starting at $189 per night for ocean view room.
- Beachside Motel offers rates starting at $119 per night for the ocean view room, with a two-day minimum.
- Amelia Island Williams House features $25.00 off per night for a two-night stay, plus a third night free for the Great Southern Tailgate Cook-off weekend only.
- Comfort Suites provides a rate of $95.99 for all room types, including ocean view rooms.
- Hampton Inn, Amelia Island at the Beach offers rates starting at $89 per night.
- Historic Harbor Front Hampton Inn and Suites includes rates starting at $99 per night
- Residence Inn, Amelia Island is the host hotel of the Cook-off and offers rates starting at $99 per night.
For more information about the Great Southern Tailgate Cook-off, entertainment lineup and each of the accommodations offering discounts, visit www.gstailgatecookoff.com.
-Amelia Island Convention & Visitors’ Bureau-
About Amelia Island
Consistently ranked in the top 10 North American Islands by the readers on Conde Nast Traveler, Amelia Island offers long, beautiful beaches and pristine waters. Forget the everyday getaway; Come make memories on Amelia Island. For visitor information and online planning, visit www.ameliaisland.com.
**Prices do not include tax and are based on availability. Contact each hotel for reservations and any restrictions.