SOURCE: IPic Theaters
New IPic Theaters Will Redefine Movie-Going Experience for the Valley
BOCA RATON, FL–(Marketwire – October 15, 2010) – IPic Entertainment announced today that it will open a new premium movie theater, IPic Theaters, at Scottsdale Quarter in Scottsdale, Ariz. The theater broke ground in July and will open in December in time for the highly anticipated holiday movie season, which is set to showcase titles like “Tron,” “True Grit,” “Fighter” and “Little Fockers.”
IPic Theaters will transform Scottsdale’s movie-going experience to a gold-standard evening out thanks to amenities such as reserved online seating; complimentary valet parking; complimentary popcorn; as well as high-end food and beverage service throughout the film. The Scottsdale Quarter movie theater will house eight intimate auditoriums, each with two tiers of custom-designed plush seats, wall-to-wall movie screens and state-of-the-art digital technology.
“What makes the IPic experience unique is the additional activities and amenities we offer, making a night at the movies truly customizable for each and every movie lover,” said Hamid Hashemi, president and CEO of IPic Entertainment, which recently acquired the Gold Class Cinemas chain in the United States. “Our guests can enjoy their favorite movie in a relaxing and comfortable setting, with the option to come early for a great dining experience before or during the movie or to stay late and enjoy the theater’s after-hours ultra lounge, Salt.”
No movie-going experience is complete without a wide selection of food and drink. At IPic guests have access to unique menu items before, during and after the movie. The tempting offerings will include freshly prepared delicacies such as flat breads, salads and desserts, as well as a list of cocktails, draft beer, wine and splits of champagne.
Thanks to online advanced ticketing, the extraordinary nature of the IPic experience begins before guests even set foot in the theater. Moviegoers can make reservations online in real time up to a week before a showing — including the selection of their specific seats. Upon arrival to the theater, guests enjoy complimentary valet parking for up to four hours.
“We’re very excited that IPic Theaters has chosen to make Scottsdale Quarter its Arizona home,” said Michael Glimcher, chairman and CEO of Glimcher Realty Trust, developer of Scottsdale Quarter. “Beyond adding to the entertainment choices offered here at the Quarter, this theater will bring a whole new movie-going experience to the Valley, redefining the meaning of a ‘night at the movies’ for this market.”
When the premium IPic Theaters opens at Scottsdale Quarter in December, it will feature the following selections and offerings for a one-stop customized night of entertainment:
- Stadium seating with 54-inch row spacing to offer all guests unobstructed views of the screen
- Two choices for seating: Premium seating featuring custom designed 30″ wide leather seats and Gold Class seating featuring custom recliners with foot rests, food-and-beverage service throughout film as well as complimentary popcorn and valet parking
- The latest digital projection and Dolby 7.1 channel sound for a state-of-the-art viewing experience
- Digital 3D capability in all auditoriums
- Reserved seating for specific seat selection when purchasing tickets
- IPic “Movie Express” kiosks for fully automated ticket purchasing
- Great food and bar service during the cinema experience in the Gold Class section
- Salt Ultra Lounge, a hip, stylish pre- or post-movie meeting place
- Member loyalty program offering a discount to purchase tickets on-line
- Theaters and digital films equipped for the sight- and hearing-impaired
About IPic Entertainment
Boca Raton, Florida-based IPic Entertainment is a developer and operator of entertainment destinations, operating unique venues that include luxury movie theaters, restaurants and stylized bowling centers. IPic Entertainment operates seven theaters with 51 screens in California, Texas, Washington, Wisconsin and Illinois with additional screens in various stages of development throughout the United States. Visit us on the web at www.ipictheaters.com.