Marriott Offers Great Dallas Hotels and End-of-Summer Vacation Ideas the Whole Family Will Love
DALLAS, TX–(Marketwire – August 24, 2010) – The city of Dallas has a new slogan — “Live Large. Think Big.” It’s the attitude of a vital city, where all things are possible.
From exciting amusement parks to its thriving downtown, this one-of-a-kind destination offers tons of family-friendly fun. With a wide range of Dallas hotels in and around the city, Marriott International, Inc. (
To help make families’ end-of-summer vacations easier to plan, Marriott has created a list of must-see sites everyone will love. They include:
- Zero Gravity Dallas. The world’s only “thrill amusement park,” Zero Gravity features five different extreme thrill rides. Try the Bungee Jump, the Nothin’ But Net, Texas Blastoff and the Skycoaster or hit four Gs on the Skyscraper, voted one of the top things to do in Dallas.
- Historic West End. Just a short drive or train ride from many Dallas hotels, this former warehouse and railway district is home to summer festivals, outdoor concerts, award-winning restaurants, casual bars and exciting shopping. You can also take a Segway tour through the district and see the JFK Memorial, The John Neely Bryan cabin, Ferris Plaza, Pioneer Plaza and Cemetery and so much more.
- Dallas World Aquarium. Descend into a South American rainforest filled with monkeys, toucans, otters and crocodiles or watch as wrasses, clownfish, stingrays and rare leafy sea dragons dazzle visitors. There’s also a 400,000-gallon cenote exhibit where sharks, rays, sawfish and groupers live alongside one another, while black-footed and fairy penguins entertain visitors in their outdoor habitats.
- 300 Dallas. 300, it’s bowling — with a twist. What’s the twist? It’s everything entertainment under one roof: state-of-the-art lanes, floor-to-ceiling video screens and casual dining. Perfect for a night on the town — and close to many Dallas hotels.
- Cowboys Stadium. Time your trip right to catch the Cowboys in action, or take a tour of the state-of-the-art stadium and get a behind-the-scenes look at the new home of this legendary team.
Whether your family loves amusement park thrills or the spectacles of nature, sports or shopping, Dallas is a city that everyone will enjoy. For complete details about Marriott’s Dallas hotels or for assistance in planning an upcoming trip, visit http://www.marriott.com/city/dallas-hotels.