SOURCE: PhoCusWright Inc.
SHERMAN, CT–(Marketwire – November 18, 2010) – Travel research industry authority, PhoCusWright Inc., has named SilverRail Technologies the “PhoCusWright Travel Innovation Summit Winner” at the close of The PhoCusWright Conference held November 16 – 18, 2010 in Phoenix, AZ, USA.
SilverRail (www.silverrailtech.com) took top honors among 33 innovative companies that demonstrated applications and technologies that will take travel planning, purchasing and memorializing to a new level on Tuesday, November 16 at The Travel Innovation Summit. Live audience voting sent just seven on to “wow” the crowd at Center Stage… four finalists and three runners-up.
Finalists and Runners-Up
Kony Solutions Inc. (www.konysolutions.com)
The four finalists were scrutinized by the blue-ribbon panel of judges from all ends of the industry, tapped because they know the real deal when they see it. Professionals lending insight and expertise to the panel:
- James Davidson, President and CEO, Farelogix Inc.
- Mike Kistner, CEO, Pegasus Solutions Inc.
- Bill McAleer, Managing Director, Voyager Capital
- Michael McCormick, Executive Director and COO, National Business Travel Association Inc.
- Matt McIlwain, Managing Director, Madrona Venture Group LLC
- Timothy Mullaney, Journalist
- Mark Okerstrom, Senior Vice President, Corporate Development, Expedia
- Debu Purkayastha, Principal, Corporate Development, M&A, Google
- Josh Steinitz, CEO, NileGuide
- Joseph Strodel, Director, Corporate and Foundation Affairs, Office of External Affairs, Cornell University School of Hotel Administration
- Edward Williams, Partner, Brook Venture Fund
“What’s unique about The Travel Innovation Summit is that it combines the Wisdom of the Crowd with the Prudence of the Panel,” says Philip Wolf, president and CEO of PhoCusWright. “Attendees decide which innovators advance to the next stage, and, along with our expert panel, pick the winners. The Travel Innovation Summit is the venue to hear what is percolating in the industry; that is what keeps them coming back for more.”
On-demand content — Travel Innovation Summit demonstrations, Center Stage presentations and more — is available through May 31, 2011.
PhoCusWright, the travel industry research authority, fosters smart strategic planning and tactical decision-making by delivering primary research on the evolving dynamics that influence travel, tourism and hospitality distribution. To complement its research in North America, Europe and Asia, PhoCusWright partners with and produces several high-profile conferences around the world.
+1 860 350-4084 x380