LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM–(Marketwire – Nov. 25, 2010) – The World Cruise is always the most anticipated voyage in our cruising year but the forthcoming global adventure aboard Saga Ruby looks set to be even more special.
“In 2011 Saga will celebrate its Diamond Anniversary and we plan to make this a memorable year for all our guests,” enthuses Susan Hooper, Saga Travel Chief Executive. “The celebrations will start in style on March 3, when Saga Ruby will be in Sydney during her World Cruise.”
Saga Ruby leaves Southampton on January 5, 2011 and sails into Sydney on March 3, 2011 after 18 ports of call in four continents and two months on the move. After the unforgettable experience of sailing into Sydney’s famous harbour and a day of sightseeing in this iconic city, return to the ship for a wonderful evening of entertainment.
Join Susan as the celebrations get underway. “We will begin with a gala evening aboard the ship, including a cocktail party and Captain’s black tie dinner, followed by a performance of Puccini’s Madame Butterfly at Sydney Opera House”.
There’ll be no time for post-party blues though as the gala evening is just one highlight in an itinerary packed full of them. You have another day in Sydney before heading to Newcastle and then it’s on to New Zealand where you can sail among the serene fjords of the South Island, and visit both Wellington and Auckland.
You also discover Pacific islands including Fiji and Hawaii, have a day in Los Angeles and step ashore in Mexico before a transit through the Panama Canal to enter the sunny Caribbean. A leisurely transatlantic crossing, with a day in the tropical Azores on the way back to Southampton, marks the end of this cruise.
Susan says, “I do hope you will be able to join me for the beginning of our year-long celebration of Saga.”
A host of stars on board
There will be lots of familiar faces stepping on board for parts of the World Cruise including magician Paul Daniels (March 13-April 1), singer Tony Christie (February 12-14), actress Bonnie Langford (February 19-23), presenter John Craven (April 1-12) and comedian Tom O’Connor (March 4-10).
March 2, 2011 – the celebrations begin
- Be sure to be on deck in the morning as Saga Ruby makes a majestic entrance into Sydney Harbour.
- During the day you can explore Sydney independently, meet-up with friends, or see the sights on one of our optional excursions.
- Your celebration begins in the company of Saga Travel’s Chief Executive, Susan Hooper, with pre-dinner cocktails aboard Saga Ruby.
- The celebrations continue with an early sumptuous Captain’s black tie dinner in the ship’s Dining Room.
- Next, step ashore to the Sydney Opera House, where all Saga passengers will be special guests for a thrilling performance of Puccini’s Madame Butterfly.
- Finally, there will be late night drinks and a buffet back on board, overlooking the Sydney Opera House.
Can’t join us for the full voyage?
If you can’t spare time for the World Cruise, we have a selection of shorter fly cruises which still allow you to be in Sydney on March 3, 2011.