SOURCE: Fairmont San Francisco
SAN FRANCISCO, CA–(Marketwire – August 13, 2010) – Located in the hub of technological innovation, The Fairmont San Francisco has announced the development of a state-of-the-art Media Lounge at the landmark hotel. Spanning 2,400 square-feet, the Media Lounge will offer entertainment options for all ages as well as a sleek space for board meetings and private screenings.
The Media Lounge is scheduled for completion in mid-July and will be comprised of four areas — the entry, the lounge, the central game room and the screening room. Blending style with functionality, these distinct areas either can be opened to each as part of the overall Media Lounge or they can be elegantly separated by doors or drapes for smaller functions.
The lounge at this luxury San Francisco hotel will feature:
- a Microsoft Surface interactive table that allows guests to browse the internet and play games on a table top.
- a Bang & Olufsen music system that functions as a digital jukebox.
- a large monitor that can show a wide variety of general interest content; it can also be used to showcase client presentations during corporate events.
- tables for use of personal laptops.
The central game room at this luxury San Francisco hotel will offer the following amenities:
- two gaming stations including X-Box and Wii games appealing to a range of ages and interests. Movies and special broadcasts can also be played on the monitors. Conveniently, the stations can be played by either individuals or small groups.
- a station where music can be downloaded to guests’ MP3 players.
- two iMac laptops for general use.
The screening room will feature a large projection screen and monitor for corporate presentations, movie screenings and active games such as Rock Band and Wii sports games.
Since 1907, The Fairmont has served as the San Francisco residence for US presidents, world leaders and entertainment stars. This landmark San Francisco hotel offers 591 newly renovated guest rooms and suites, three distinctive restaurants, a health club and easy access to top attractions. The Fairmont San Francisco sits atop Nob Hill at 950 Mason Street. For reservations, call 1-800-441-1414 or visit www.fairmont.com/sanfrancisco.
With over 60 distinctive hotels, including the iconic Fairmont San Francisco and Fairmont Peace Hotel, Shanghai, and more in development, Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a global hospitality brand known for its warm and engaging service and culturally rich experiences. Located in coveted worldwide destinations, its unrivalled collection of classic hotels imbue a sense of heritage, sophistication, and social importance, and are often considered destinations in and of themselves. Fairmont is also committed to responsible tourism and is an industry leader in sustainable hotel management with its award-winning Green Partnership program. Fairmont is owned by Fairmont Raffles Hotels International, a leading global hotel company with 95 hotels under the Fairmont, Raffles, and Swissôtel brands. The company also manages Fairmont and Raffles branded residences, estates and luxury private residence club properties. For more information or reservations, please call 1-800-441-1414 or visit www.fairmont.com.