Veteran Publishing Duo Announces Launch of Free Mobile-Ready Content Hub for Marketing Communications News and Services at PRSA’s International Conference; Register on the Site to Enter iPad Raffle
NEW YORK, NY–(Marketwire – October 19, 2010) –
- CommPRO.biz is a mobile-ready online digital media content aggregator and publisher for content, services and news in PR, IR, marketing, corporate communications and advertising. It looks great on an iPad.
- Founders Fay Shapiro and Brian Pittman were previously with Infocom Group, publisher of Bulldog Reporter’s Daily ‘Dog and PR University.
- Lead programmer and partner Todd Fabacher is also a founder. He is the owner of software developer, The Fabacher Interactive Group
- CommPRO.biz is built on an open-source API that delivers a unique, interactive user experience that has been described as iTunes-meets-Pandora. All content is totally customizable by site members, across an open taxonomy of over 700 keywords and trending topics.
- Registration on the site is free and enables users to tailor the content they want. One lucky person who registers on the site the week of October 18 will win an iPad.
- CommPRO.biz officially launched its beta version on Oct. 18, 2010 and is currently in development. The full site, complete with daily news and original content, is slated to go live Nov. 2, 2010.
User & CommPRO Founder Quotes:
- Fay Shapiro, CommPRO.biz Partner, Publisher:
- “Communications professionals, whether PR, IR, or marcom, need tools that help them understand and navigate new media. We’ve developed an intuitive site that gives users all the news and services they need to work smarter and faster.”
- “This is not another online trade journal. We’re not interested in competing with publishers in the traditional communications markets — we’re interested in embracing them and giving them another platform to share their content and sell their products.”
- Brian Pittman, CommPRO.Biz Partner, Content: “It’s about convenience, convergence and totally customizable content.”
“We saw communications professionals weren’t getting that anywhere else and we stepped in to fill the void — just like iTunes changed the way we browse, buy and listen to music.”
“Industry thought leaders who have used the beta site particularly like our interactive news feature that allows them to ‘flick’ through the day’s top headlines.”
- Harry Medved, Director of PR, Fandango (www.fandango.com); Author, “Hollywood Escapes” (www.hollywoodescapes.com).
“The site gives me all the PR and marketing news I need in one easy interface. It’s customizable and mobile, so I get only what I want to see… where I want to see it. My favorite function is the ‘Industry Events’ calendar. Every event in PR, IR, marketing and advertising is right there in one interactive Outlook-style calendar. That saves me a lot of time and is a great example of the whole site’s usability.”
- Janet Thaeler, “Newspapergirl” (http://NewspaperGrl.com), Blogger, Social Media Expert, Author, “Online PR” and “I Need a Killer Online Press Release — Now What?” (http://bit.ly/NeedaPressRelease)
“I have my bookmarks in Delicious, my event invites are in my inbox and my PR contacts are on LinkedIn. CommPro keeps all my PR/SEO content in one place.”
CommPRO.biz (www.commpro.biz), the digital hub for marketing communications and PR news and services created by veteran publishers Fay Shapiro and Brian Pittman, announced its beta version October 18 at the PRSA International Conference. The online service organizes news, tools, trends and training under five primary channels: advertising, corporate communications, investor relations, marketing and public relations. The website and affiliated mobile applications are currently in development with CommPRO LLC partner Todd Fabacher under the banner of software developer, The Fabacher Interactive Group. November 1, 2010 is slated as the official launch date of the site, complete with daily news and featured content and products.
Shapiro and Pittman formerly served as publisher and director of content, respectively, at Infocom Group, publisher of Bulldog Reporter’s Daily ‘Dog, among other properties, including PR University. The new CommPRO.biz site builds on the increased integration across communications disciplines they witnessed in their prior roles — and builds on their expertise in delivering compelling content to professionals in various marketing communications sectors, including public relations and investor relations.
The content and free membership will be opened to professionals working in advertising, corporate communications, investor relations, marketing and public relations starting October 18th during the PRSA International Conference in Washington D.C. Featured content across these five channels will include:
- Forums: The Latest Tweets & Trending Topics
- “Flick-It” Headlines: Customizable Breaking News
- Original Content: Live Deskside Interviews & Tips
- Online Store: CommPRO Recommendations
- Interactive Calendar: An Industry-Wide Calendar of Scheduled Events
CommPRO.biz is currently seeking content partners and contributors interested in building business and leads in any of its primary channels.
An acronym for “Communications Professional Resources Online,” CommPRO.biz is the online source for the tips, tools, trends and training you need to be successful in marketing communications (a.k.a., marcom). CommPRO.biz delivers ROI for both its users and partners: Users become “CommPROs” with benefits, and content partners reach more qualified targets. The site is the proverbial one-stop-shop for people working in or looking to learn more about these marketing communications business sectors: advertising, corporate communications, investor relations, marketing and public relations. CommPRO.biz is a “labor of love” for its founders: Fay Shapiro ([email protected]), Brian Pittman ([email protected]) and Todd Fabacher ([email protected]). Fay is the natural born “business builder.” Brian is the content “king.” Todd is the tech “mastermind.” Visit http://www.commpro.biz for more information when we launch, or connect with us on LinkedIn and Twitter (@bpittmanPRO, @fayscommPRO, @commPRObiz).
Twitter: CommPRO.biz announces mobile ready website for marcom news. Think iTunes + Pandora for PR http://bit.ly/commPRObiz