With ROI of Less Than 6 Months, SpaceClaim Becomes the Tool of Choice for Upfront Concept Modeling
CONCORD, MA–(Marketwire – August 3, 2010) – SpaceClaim, the leader in 3D Direct Modeling solutions for rapid concept design and geometry manipulation, today announced SpaceClaim 2010, the sixth release of the company’s groundbreaking 3D Direct Modeling solution. SpaceClaim has enabled sales, concept, and simulation engineers to rapidly and effectively use 3D to solve business, engineering, and geometry problems.
With SpaceClaim’s marked ease of use, flexibility, and compatibility with traditional CAD products, thousands of users rely on SpaceClaim to productively use 3D for concept modeling, bid modeling, and model preparation.
“All manufacturers today are under increased pressure to eliminate waste, streamline collaboration, and increase productivity through the product development cycle,” said Chris Randles, SpaceClaim President and CEO. “These lean product development initiatives have forced a reevaluation of current tools and practices. SpaceClaim is rapidly being chosen as the tool to maximize design options early in the development process with outstanding results. Our customers have confirmed an ROI with SpaceClaim of well under six months, far surpassing the ROI of traditional CAD tools in this space. With the new release of our 3D Direct Modeler, we continue to help our customers win more business, shorten the time to market, and drive new levels of innovation.”
SpaceClaim has broadened the use of 3D as a business tool for engineers engaged in new business development and early concept development. Throughout the supply chain, manufacturers are improving how they do business by using SpaceClaim to:
- Increase win rates using bid modeling to create accurate concepts and quotes for prospects. SpaceClaim enables sales engineers to:
- Create a concept model
- Use customer geometry as the design specification
- Simulate prior to bidding
- Pinpoint costs of sourced components
- Create proposals with real 3D geometry
- Illustrate with stunning photorealistic renderings
- Support lean product development by using concept modeling to explore as many design options as needed without tying up expensive CAD resources. SpaceClaim’s flexibility and ease of use encourages:
- Exploring different manufacturing processes to determine which approach works best
- Using set-based design metrologies to prevent costly and resource-consuming last-minute design changes
- Developing a deep understanding of the problem before sending the concept on to the detailed design phase
- Creating concepts “on the fly” to be responsive to new opportunities
- Increase productivity and produce better final designs by enabling CAE model preparation for simulation, eliminating the need to rely on CAD designers for geometry. SpaceClaim’s extensive capabilities during the CAE process include:
- Speeding up the model preparation cycle, reducing iterations from days or weeks to minutes
- Freeing up CAD teams to focus on detailed design
- Giving CAE users control of the geometry to be more effective and efficient during the simulation process
- Optimize models for rapid prototyping and manufacturing, enabling engineers to:
- Scale, split, fuse, and thicken models for rapid prototyping and additive manufacturing
- Create in-process manufacturing models and design jigs and fixtures accordingly
- Convert solid and plastic parts into sheet metal
SpaceClaim 2010 Empowers Engineers with New Levels of Design Flexibility
Enhancements in SpaceClaim 2010 provide extensive new capabilities for sheet metal design as well as other capabilities for concept and bid modeling. New features include:
- Mechanism placement conditions supporting tangency, ball joints, and gears
- Direct 3D sketching for points, lines, and splines
- Extensive sheet metal capabilities such as: new form features and library; cross section-based creation; flat patterns bendable to 3D sheet metal; lightweight patterns; and engraved cutout notes
- Power-select bodies by size for fast assembly de-featuring.
- Detailing capabilities such as customizable symbols, a symbol library, and a modular grid coordinate system for automotive and aerospace applications
- Advanced API capabilities for creating custom tools and interactive objects
For further details as well as videos showcasing new features found in SpaceClaim 2010, visit the What’s New page on the SpaceClaim website.
SpaceClaim 2010 is available immediately and exemplifies SpaceClaim’s commitment to providing customers and partners with the tools they need to respond to competitive market opportunities faster and more effectively.
About SpaceClaim Corporation
SpaceClaim enables global engineering and manufacturing organizations to leverage 3D design to innovate, win more business, and get products to market faster. Engineers can rapidly create new designs as well as manipulate and simplify 2D and 3D CAD data, regardless of origin and without the complexity of traditional CAD. Customers include Nokia Siemens Networks, BorgWarner, Medtronic, Lotus Cars, Sharp, K2 Medical Systems, FuelCell Energy, Emhart Glass, GE Aviation, General Dynamics, and the U.S Navy. SpaceClaim is privately held and backed by Borealis Ventures, Kodiak Venture Partners, and North Bridge Venture Partners. For more information on SpaceClaim, please visit.
Click here to see all recent news from this company