SOURCE: Cheapflights Canada
Offers ‘How-To’ Guide on Packing for a Camping Trip and Its List of Top 10 National Parks in Canada and Around the World
TORONTO–(Marketwire – July 15, 2010) – Summer time is the dream season for avid campers, especially those living in Canada. While Canada has only a short window of opportunity to go summer camping, there are national parks across the globe that offer exciting outdoor adventures throughout the year. Cheapflights.ca, the online leader in finding and publishing travel deals, has put together its list of Top 10 National Parks in Canada and around the world. Additionally, Cheapflights.ca offers the next instalment of its ‘How-To’ Series titled How to Pack for a Camping Trip when Travelling by Air. From what to pack, how to pack and key baggage rules, the guide is a helpful resource, whether planning a camping trip in Algonquin Park or the hiking trip of a lifetime to New Zealand.
Here we highlight some of the North American National Parks to make the list:
Algonquin Provincial Park, Ontario, Canada: Canada’s oldest park, Algonquin Park spans about 8,000 square kilometres between Georgian Bay and the Ottawa River. Camping and canoeing in the park, rambling across the maple hills, swimming in the lakes or taking part in one of the summer programs is the stuff of happy childhood memories. Search and compare cheap flights to Toronto or cheap flights to Ottawa.
Banff National Park, Alberta, Canada: Banff National Park is Canada’s first national park. It spans almost 7,000 square kilometres and features towering peaks, deep valleys, glaciers, forests, meadows, rivers and the hot springs discovered by three Canadian Pacific Railway construction workers in 1883. Search and compare cheap flights to Calgary.
Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming, USA: The United States’ first national park, Yellowstone National Park, stretches across three states: Wyoming, Montana, and Idaho. It’s perhaps best known for its geyser, Old Faithful, and for its vast subalpine forests. Hiking, camping, boating and fishing are just some of the activities that attract visitors during the warmer months. Spotting wild life and learning about the Native American Indian traditions of those who lived in the area are other must-do activities. Search and compare cheap flights to Wyoming.
Grand Canyon National Park, Arizona: The Grand Canyon National Park is on the see-before-you-die list. It’s one of the most studied geological landscapes in the world, an enormous archaeological site with artifacts that date back 12,000 years from the Paleo-Indian period. About five million visitors come from around the world each year to try to take in the canyon — 446km long, up to 30km wide, and 1.6km deep. Search and compare cheap flights to Phoenix.
The Cheapflights.ca’s list of Top 10 National Parks also includes:
- Wooroonooran National Park, Queensland, Australia;
- Maria Island National, Tasmania;
- Fiordland National Park, New Zealand;
- Masai Mara Reserve, Kenya;
- Galapagos National Park, Ecuador;
- And Connemara National Park, Ireland.
To read details on these National Parks around the world, visit www.cheapflights.ca/travel-tips/top-ten-national-parks/
For additional Canadian National Parks, visit Cheapflights.ca’s page on Canada’s UNESCO Heritage Sites, which features Waterton Lakes National Park; Wood Buffalo National Park; Canadian Rocky Mountain Parks, made up of Banff, Jasper, Kootenay and Yoho, and Mount Robson, Mount Assiniboine and Hamber provincial parks; and Gros Morne National Park.
To make travelling with camping gear a lot easier, here are some of the practical tips offered in Cheapflights.ca’s guide on How To Pack for A Camping Trip when Travelling by Air:
- Cut the amount of clothing you carry to the minimum — travel detergent is your friend. Leave your bulky, hard-to-dry jeans at home and, instead, pack layers of light weight, breathable clothing and extra socks. Make sure you’re prepared for all weather conditions you may encounter but don’t carry an outfit for all occasions. You are going camping, after all.
- Invest in a set of good micro-fibre towels. They are amazingly absorbent, dry fast and even the beach towel-sized versions fold down to a tiny parcel.
- Pack recipes for one-pot meals and find a pot that can double as a frying pan if you want to fry or scramble eggs in the morning. Pack a plastic bowl for cereal and soup, a light chopping board and a collapsible water container.
Also, there are a few baggage regulations that ban certain camping utensils either from hand luggage or from being allowed altogether:
- Most airlines allow camping stoves in checked luggage but you’re not allowed to pack fuel of any kind. Compressed gases and flammable substances are on every airline’s list of prohibited items, so you’ll have to buy fuel once you’re off the plane.
- Lighters on flights to, from and within the U.S. are not permitted. On non-U.S. flights, you can carry one lighter worn on your person.
- Cutlery and knives as well as any other sharp items have to go in checked luggage.
For additional tips on ‘How to Pack for a Camping Trip when Travelling by Air‘, visit www.cheapflights.ca/travel-tips/how-to-pack-for-a-camping-trip-when-travelling-by-air/
About Cheapflights Media
The trusted partner in flights, Cheapflights Media is a global Internet media network that has been delivering great deals since 1996. Headquartered in London with offices in Boston and Toronto, Cheapflights Media serves advertisers and consumers through its vast portfolio of websites and services. Packed with travel guides, tips and the latest news and information, the Cheapflights sites are online shopping comparison engines that make it easy for consumers in local markets to research, compare and save on domestic and international trips. With brand-name deals on airline tickets from more than 250 partners and 600 airlines and a team of travel experts hand picking the best offerings, Cheapflights offers visitors a mix of deals they can’t find anywhere else. There are currently Cheapflights-branded sites for the U.K., U.S., Canada, Germany, Australia and New Zealand, France, Italy and Spain. For more information visit www.cheapflights.ca
Tel: +1 416-926-1967
Mobile: +1 416-788-4573
E-mail: Email Contact