SOURCE: Florida Gaming Summit
HOLLYWOOD, FL–(Marketwire – September 30, 2010) – A select group of gaming industry executives, analysts and local officials are set to speak at the sixth annual Florida Gaming Summit, which takes place October 18-19 at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Hollywood, Fla. They headline a cast of hundreds expected to attend the event.
“Since 2005, the Summit has brought together hundreds of industry representatives each year, from gaming facility executives to analysts, investors, local officials, regulators, attorneys and vendors,” said Charles Anderer, Group Publisher, Gaming, for BNP Media, co-producer of the conference along with Spectrum Gaming Group. “Without fail, they have been treated to top-notch speakers and provided with numerous networking opportunities at this unique event that provides the only industry-wide forum for the Florida gaming industry.”
Leading the way are three keynote speakers. Attorney Alan Koslow, serving as President of the Greater Hollywood Chamber of Commerce, will welcome attendees at the opening cocktail reception. The ever-popular and eloquent Jim Allen, Chief Executive Officer of Gaming Operations for the Seminole Tribe of Florida, will provide the morning keynote address at 8:30 a.m. on October 19. Delivering the luncheon keynote later that day will be Bill Galvano, representing District 68 in the Florida House of Representatives.
Other confirmed speakers to date include:
- Steve Calabro, General Manager, Gulfstream Park Racing & Casino
- Noah Carbone, Poker Room Director, Palm Beach Kennel Club
- Joy Cooper, Mayor, City of Hallandale Beach
- Scott Crowell, esq., Crowell Law Offices/Tribal Advocacy Group
- Pat Fowler, Executive Director, Florida Council on Compulsive Gambling
- Alexander Hecht Havenick, Vice President of Financial and Legal Affairs, Southwest Florida Enterprises
- Christopher E. Jones, Director, Telsey Advisory Group
- Scott Long, Publisher, Ante Up, Your Poker Magazine
- John Maxwell, Managing Director, Jefferies & Co.
- Austin Miller, President, Calder Casino & Race Course
- Rick O’Connell, Poker Room Manager, Seminole Casino Immokalee
- Alex Picou, Managing Director, Gaming, Lodging, Travel & Leisure, FBR Capital Markets & Co.
- Mac Seelig, Founder and President, AC Coin & Slot
- Judith A. Shapiro, esq.
- Adam Steinberg, Managing Director, Merriman Capital, Inc.
- Joe Valandra, Managing Director, VAdvisors, LLC
For the second consecutive year, the City of Hollywood, the Greater Hollywood Chamber of Commerce and the law firm of Becker & Poliakoff P.A. have signed on as presenting sponsors, recognizing the importance of the Summit and of gaming to the local economy.
Complete conference information, including the most current speaker list, is available at www.floridagamingsummit.com.
Florida Gaming Summit is the ideal way to reach key decision makers in the Florida gaming industry. To learn more about sponsorship and exhibiting opportunities, contact Lesley Grashow at [email protected].
About the producers:
BNP Media Gaming Group (www.casinojournal.com) is the world’s largest and most experienced gaming industry media resource and the leading producer of trade magazines, specialized conferences and expos, websites, e-newsletters and targeted specialty publications serving the gaming industry worldwide. BNP publishes Casino Journal and Slot Manager, two of the most respected titles in the gaming industry.
Spectrum Gaming Group (www.spectrumgaming.com) is an independent research and professional services firm that provides economic and feasibility studies, impact analyses, regulatory services, internet gambling services and public-policy analysis, customer-service audits, and operational assistance for private- and public-sector clients on five continents. Spectrum publishes the Gaming Industry Observer newsletter, produces several first-class conferences.