SOURCE: DeFi Global, Inc.
SAN ANTONIO, TX–(Marketwire – October 21, 2010) – This fall SeaWorld San Antonio put the park in the pockets of guests with the release of a new SeaWorld iPhone Application, the first app to offer GPS guided directions inside a theme park. “We knew this was something our guests were looking for, and none of our parks had an official app. SeaWorld San Antonio volunteered to be the first park to create a park app, so we will get a benchmark on mobile technologies at our park that can be used in our sister parks around the country,” said Dan Decker, SeaWorld San Antonio’s park president. SeaWorld San Antonio worked with DeFi Global, Inc. (
The application has many features that help guests navigate their way around the park and find exactly what they hope to see. The application includes a GPS enabled park map that allows guests to search for what they want to visit to have the map draw a highlighted route. It’s as simple as searching for the word “pizza” and having the map draw you a route to every place in the park where pizza is available. With step by step directions, the guests get the quickest routes to restaurants, animal habitats, restrooms and more.
The application also includes information on show times and even wait times for the roller coasters, water rides and waterpark.
Other features of the app include:
- Park calendar with park hours
- Directions to the park from your location
- Points of interest categories that can be turned on and off on the actual app map
- A camera that allows you to take pictures without leaving the app
- Up to the minute live weather and forecast from the onsite weather station
- Links and phone numbers to make reservations for tours, dines and other amenities
- A link to the park’s conservation message and sites
- Ways for guests to connect on social media sites
- Ways to contact the park.
- SeaWorld’s blog about the app: http://bit.ly/dhPj7I
- View screenshots of the app in action: http://bit.ly/9yTg9Y
- Download free SeaWorld app in iTunes: http://bit.ly/seaworldapp
SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment operates 10 parks across the U.S. including SeaWorld parks in Orlando, San Diego and San Antonio; Busch Gardens parks in Tampa, Fla. and Williamsburg, Va.; Discovery Cove and Aquatica in Orlando; Sesame Place near Philadelphia, Pa.; and water parks Adventure Island in Tampa and Water Country USA in Williamsburg.
The 10 parks play host to 23 million guests each year and employ 20,000 people nationwide. To learn more call toll-free 1-888-800-5447, or visit www.SeaWorldParksandEntertainment.com. Additionally, SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment created the SeaWorld & Busch Gardens Conservation Fund, a non-profit, private charitable foundation committed to supporting wildlife and habitat conservation, research, education and animal rescue programs worldwide. Learn more at SWBG-ConservationFund.org.