SOURCE: William Hill Estate Winery
Napa Valley Chardonnay an Ideal Match for an Intimate Winter Celebration
NAPA, CA–(Marketwire – November 23, 2010) – Traditionally speaking, the holidays are a time for family and bountiful feasts. However, family dynamics have changed during the past several years and many holiday festivities have become more intimate celebrations. In fact, recent studies show more than 26 percent of U.S. households consist of only two people, many of whom are looking for simpler ideas for the holidays.
William Hill Estate, a winery tucked away in the rolling hills of the Napa Valley’s Silverado Bench, suggests taking a twist on holiday customs. Instead of the traditional feast of ham, turkey or roast, try something on the slightly lighter side, like crab, shrimp or lobster.
Whether prepared solo or in cakes, spread or salad, shellfish are tailor-made for William Hill’s Napa Valley Chardonnay. A natural complement to the fresh minerality of seafood, William Hill’s Chardonnay rounds out seasonal menus with a rich, subtly fruity and stylish profile.
“The holidays can often be incredibly taxing, so many people like to keep their meals trouble-free and relaxing,” said winemaker Ralf Holdenried. “A simple seafood dinner, paired with a lively Chardonnay, is the perfect way to celebrate with a loved one.”
An Inspired Lobster Salad
Lobster makes a decadent holiday meal. Paired with a soft roll and a chunk of aged cheddar cheese, the salad is served atop a bed of fresh greens. By cooking the lobster and shrimp in one pot and then gently cooling in the refrigerator, more fresh seafood flavor is retained. Consider including other seafood — such as bay shrimp and scallops — for some variation.
1. Place thawed lobster tails in a pot large enough to hold them comfortably; add enough water to cover and salt generously.
2. Bring tails to a simmer; simmer for 3 ½ minutes.
3. Remove from heat; add shrimp and stir; let stand for 3 additional minutes.
4. Drain shrimp and lobster tails well.
5. Place shrimp and lobster tails on a large cookie sheet; let stand 15 minutes at room temperature.
6. Place cookie sheet with shrimp and lobster tails into the refrigerator; cool an additional 15 minutes.
7. Peel shrimp and lobster tails.
8. With a sharp knife, slice lobster tails into medallions and chop the shrimp into bite-size pieces.
9. Place seafood in a large bowl and add remaining ingredients; mix gently with a spatula.
10. Chill salad in the refrigerator for an additional 30 minutes and serve within 24 hours.
About William Hill Estate Napa Valley Chardonnay
Our Napa Valley Chardonnay is made in a rich and elegant style with enticing aromas of creamy vanilla, honeysuckle and ripe fruit of white peach and pear. This wine is full bodied and rich with refined acidity that is maintained through the intense fruit and vanilla focused finish.
About William Hill
Nestled in Southern Napa Valley along the Silverado Trail, William Hill Estate Winery is renowned for its Chardonnay, Cabernet Sauvignon and other red Bordeaux varietals. Winemaker Ralf Holdenried hand crafts his range of modern, expressive wines to reflect the unique terroir of William Hill’s 140-acre estate and the virtually undiscovered vineyards of the Silverado Bench.
Click here to see all recent news from this company