LIHUE, KAUAI, HAWAII–(Marketwire – December 10, 2010) – Couples looking to discover a truly romantic paradise need to look no further than Kauai Marriott Resort on Kalapaki Beach. Situated on a beautiful oceanfront location on the enchanting Garden Island, the tropical Kauai golf resort is the ideal Hawaiian retreat for lovers. And as a special touch, couples can savor the moment with Kauai Marriott Resort’s secluded Poolside Gazebo and Seaside Cabana dinners.
Planning for the romantic evening starts with a choice of oceanview venues — an exclusive seaside cabana nestled on the white sands of Kalapaki Beach or a private gazebo overlooking an impressive swimming pool and Kalapaki Bay. The experience begins with presentations of fresh Hawaiian orchid flower lei upon arrival. The couple will enjoy the attention of a private butler service and an exquisite four-course meal prepared by Chef Rey Montemayor and his experienced culinary team at the resort’s Lihue, Kauai restaurants.
“Our Gazebo and Cabana dinners offer the ultimate dining experience for those celebrating love in one of the most romantic settings in the world,” said Guy Higa, executive chef of Kauai Marriott Resort on Kalapaki Beach. “With the Pacific Ocean as the backdrop and an exquisite menu specially prepared by Chef Rey and our talented culinary team, it is sure to tempt your taste buds.”
The Seaside Cabana is an intimate venue located on Kalapaki Beach, one of the gentlest stretches of beach on Kauai. The couple can watch the sunset while listening to soothing waves playfully lapping along the shore.
- The Seaside Cabana can be reserved starting from 7:00 p.m.
The Private Gazebo, located off the mezzanine of the hotel, offers panoramic views of Hawaii’s largest single-level swimming pool and beautiful Kalapaki Beach. Couples will enjoy listening to the soothing sounds of a waterfall cascading into the pool below, providing an elegant atmosphere for special occasions.
- The Private Gazebo can be reserved starting from 6:00 p.m.
Couples can customize the menu to fit their tastes, lifestyle or dietary needs with dishes that utilize the freshest island ingredients. For the first course, appetizers set the stage with offerings such as:
- Chopped Ahi Sashimi and Avocado Salsa Stacked on a Crispy Wonton with Wasabi Aioli and Kosso Sauce
- Kula Greens and Romaine Hearts with Pulehu Shrimp, Cucumber, Hamakua Tomato and Orange Segments with Preserved Lemon Vinaigrette
The second course continues with a selection of soups and salads including:
- Local Style Portuguese Bean Soup with Smoked Ham Shank and Portuguese and Kidney Beans served with homemade Corn Bread
- Kalapaki Caesar Salad
- Hawaiian Heirloom Tomatoes, Watermelon and Goat Cheese with Micro Greens, Balsamic Syrup and Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Sumptuous entrees for the third course include:
- Hawaiian Alae Salt and Pepper Crusted Prime Rib (12 oz.), served with Au Jus and Allie’s Horseradish Sauce
- Kalapaki Strip Loin Steak, Seasoned with House Blend of Hawaiian Salt and Spices
- Local Style Pork Chop stuffed with Sausage and Fresh Herbs
- Fresh Hawaiian Catch of the Day with Yuzu Butter Sauce
- Seared Shrimp and Scallop Phad Thai with Bean Sprouts, Egg Omelet and Crushed Peanuts
And finally, delectable desserts include:
- Kukui Macadamia Nut Pie featuring Rum Scented Vanilla Cream with Big Island Macadamia Nuts
- Low Fat Lilikoi Cheesecake with Strawberries
- Chocolate Laulau featuring a Flourless Chocolate Cake and Chocolate and Haupia Mousse, baked to order in a Phyllo Bundle and served hot from the oven with fresh Pineapple garnish
- Kauai’s own Lappert’s Ice Cream, deep fried and served with Kilauea Goat Cheese, Strawberry and Sweet Balsamic Syrup
Private Gazebo dinners are $165 per person and Seaside Cabana dinners are $175 per person, exclusive of tax and suggested 20 percent gratuity. A minimum three business-day advance notice is required. For reservations, call the Kauai Marriott Resort on Kalapaki Beach Events Department at (808) 246-5022.
- Private dining is not available on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Year’s Eve.
- In the event of inclement weather, the Seaside Cabana dinner will be held at the Poolside Gazebo.
Editor’s Note: Images of Kauai Marriott Resort on Kalapaki Beach are available upon request.
About Kauai Marriott Resort on Kalapaki Beach
Discover your paradise with Marriott’s legendary aloha spirit at the new KAUAI MARRIOTT RESORT ON KALAPAKI BEACH – a standout among 5 star hotels in Kauai. Located on the serene, family-friendly Kalapaki Beach, the centrally located, 800-acre oceanfront resort makes it easy for guests to experience the pure splendor of Kauai, world renowned for its natural beauty, isolated beaches, carefree ambience and exhilarating activities. Fresh off a $50 million renovation, Kauai Marriott Resort guests will relax in completely new guest rooms and suites while enjoying the island’s most impressive swimming pool with five saunas. Experience a mixture of creative island inspired cuisine masterfully prepared at the oceanfront Kukui’s On Kalapaki Beach Restaurant featuring the new Toro-Tei sushi bar. Golfers can tee up at the premier Kauai Lagoons golf club, a Jack Nicklaus Signature course offering breathtaking ocean views. To start your island discovery at the new Kauai Marriott Resort, please call (800) 220-2925 or (808) 245-5050 or visit www.kauaimarriott.com to learn more about Hawaiian vacation packages to Kauai.
Marriott Hotels & Resorts, Marriott International’s iconic business brand and flagship, is designed for the achiever who makes the most out of every opportunity – whether traveling for business or pleasure. Nearly 500 hotels in 60 countries support and inspire guests each and every time with real comfort, warmth and genuine care delivered through associates and experiences that help working, relaxing and connecting with others happen – so they can seize the day and prepare for the next. Marriott believes that tomorrow is a new opportunity to do something great. All Marriott hotels participate in the award-winning Marriott Rewards frequent travel program that allows members to earn hotel points or airline miles for every dollar spent. For more information visit www.meetthedriven.com.
About Marriott International
MARRIOTT INTERNATIONAL, INC. (