CAMBRIDGE, MA–(Marketwire – October 6, 2010) – Ahh Los Angeles, the city of endless beaches, eternal optimists, warm days… and freeby fish tacos? Starting today, Los Angeles will be rolling out rewards built on SCVNGR at 50+ businesses, letting customers do challenges, earn points and now get awesome rewards. Just use your smartphone and presto! Show the reward in your SCVNGR app and get the goods.
So how will Angelenos know where to go to get these rewards? From Hermosa Beach to Hollywood, participating local businesses will have tons of sweet schwag — everything from outdoor signage to drink coasters to stickers — they’re going to blanket all the favorite neighborhood spots so everyone can get in on the action.
Some of the fun and social challenges on SCVNGR that can get you rewards in and around Los Angeles include:
- Craving an early morning sweet? Head to Kitchen 24 and pick something delicious that also has a clever name — what is it? Tell us and get 20% off your total check
- You don’t have to visit Italy to be indulgent. Let yourself go with gelato for breakfast from Paciugo Gelato Caffe. Snap a pic of your fav flavor and a clock that shows it’s before noon — grab a piccolo cup/cone order of your favorite flavor on us
- It’s salsa cement time — create an elaborate chip tower at Baja Sharkeez using the fresh ingredients at the salsa and chip bar and snap a picture — free chips and caso
- Looking for a meal that is also good for the planet? Find a dish that’s at least 80% plant-based ingredients at Border Grill — order 2 or more entrees and get a free cheesecake dessert!
- Hey all you Boston kids that headed west — go to the Fat Face Fenners Fishack and name a drink after a Boston sports team or player — get 2 free fish tacos
“Rewards on SCVNGR is a no brainer for businesses looking to drive traffic, increase engagement, activate buzz and drive sales in measurable and repeatable ways,” said Ian Goodwin, SCVNGR Sales Executive. “We’re super excited by the response so far, it’s a fun new approach to engage with customers. We can’t wait to roll out even more rewards in LA after today’s launch!”
For a full list of participating businesses visit http://scvngr.com/clients including: Baja Sharkeez (4 locations), Beachy Keen Bay (BKB), Beckers Bakery, Bike Attack, Border Grill (3 locations), Cellar 55, Coffee Commissary, Coles Original French Dip, D’Yogurt, Everything’s $10, Fat Face Fenners Fishack, Four Daughters Kitchen, Fresh Bites, Kitchen 24, Library Alehouse, Madame Tussauds Hollywood, Main on Main, Melgard Public House, Obriens Irish Pub, Paciugo Gelato Caffe, Panama Joes Grill and Cantina, Sandbar, Seattle’s Café, Sharks Cove, Silvios Brazilian BBQ, Spotlight Comedy Club, Tweak, Vinoteque on Melrose, ZJ Boarding House, ZJBH/Billabong, ZJBH/Hurley.
Interested in learning more? SCVNGR will be part of the “First Thursdays” in Downtown Hermosa every first Thursday of the month, 5:00-9:00 PM. SCVNGR will be there to help show people how to play SCVNGR and redeem rewards, camped out in front of Paciugo Gelato Café, Gum Tree Café and Sharkeez. For full details on SCVNGR’s involvement with “First Thursdays” email Ian at [email protected].
SCVNGR is a game. Playing is simple: Go places. Do challenges. Earn points! You’ll unlock real-world rewards and share where you are and what you’re up to with your friends on SCVNGR, Facebook and Twitter. SCVNGR is played via a free iPhone & Android app. But playing SCVNGR is only half of it. Individuals, enterprises and small businesses build on SCVNGR by adding custom challenges and rewards at their locations. SCVNGR is funded by Google Ventures and Highland Capital Partners. Visit www.scvngr.com to learn more.
LaunchSquad for SCVNGR
Scvngr [at] launchsquad [dot] com