WILMINGTON, DE–(Marketwire – December 13, 2010) – A honeymoon is the perfect time for a holiday of a lifetime! It’s a time of celebration, a time to say yes to those optional extras, to indulge in luxury and most importantly — a time away from family, budgets, dress fittings and the whirlwind of your wedding day.
To help newlyweds find their perfect getaway, HotelsCombined.com has compiled the Top 10 Honeymoon Destinations. Whether you’re after a romantic island escape full of rest and relaxation, a cultural city experience where architecture and culinary delights are sure to tantalize, or a pampering vacation to rejuvenate your senses, couples can be sure to find the best honeymoon accommodation deals at HotelsCombined.com.
HotelsCombined.com Top 10 Honeymoon Getaways
1. Paris, France — Four Seasons Hotel George V Paris. No city in the world is more romantic than Paris, and no place is more perfect for a honeymoon than the Honeymoon Suite at the Four Seasons Hotel George V Paris. Located on the eighth floor, the Honeymoon Suite boasts pure romance in the heart of Paris and views of the city’s most famous monuments, including a direct terrace view of the Eiffel Tower.
2. Honolulu, Hawaii — Halekulani Hotel Honolulu. The Halekulani Hotel Honolulu has a well-earned reputation for gracious hospitality, impeccable service and magnificent cuisine renowned throughout the world. What the hotel does have of interest to honeymoon couples is a prime Waikiki location that feels removed from the hubbub of the beach and the prized one-of-a-kind Vera Wang Suite, personally designed by Ms. Wang, offering unsurpassed level of privacy within a tropical palette of sun, sand and sea.
3. Ari Atoll, Maldives — Conrad Maldives Rangali Island Resort Ari Atoll. Far from civilization, the Conrad Maldives Rangali Island Resort Ari Atoll situated in the middle of the Indian Ocean is the kind-of-place dreamers imagine when they try to conjure the perfect island romantic getaway.
4. Santorini, Greece — Mystique Hotel Santorini. Situated on Oia’s famous cliffs, the adults only, Mystique Hotel Santorini features stunning views of crystalline waters and the Aegean Caldera. Eighteen suites and villas are spread across more than 2,000 square meters, providing a sensorial experience in surroundings of understated elegance.
5. Phuket, Thailand — Amanpuri Resort Phuket. Amanpuri, named for the Sanskrit word for ‘peace.’ This tranquil retreat set in a secluded coconut grove offers couples a holistic sanctuary that nurtures both body and mind.
6. Rotorua, New Zealand — Lake Okareka Lodge Rotorua. Accessible by helicopter and watercraft, Lake Okareka Lodge Rotorua is the epitome of private, personalized luxury amidst spectacular natural surroundings. Couples can be as relaxed or adventurous as they like as this luxury lodge is equipped with kayaks and jet skis.
7. Florence, Italy — Four Seasons Hotel Florence. The Four Seasons Hotel Florence defines the essence of a superb honeymoon. An enchanted city sanctuary in the midst of Florence, where an art-filled Renaissance palazzo and conventino frame a centuries-old private park. Couples can relax amidst original frescoes and sculptured reliefs, graced by sunlight and airy garden vistas. Sip cappuccino under majestic trees, lounge by the open-air pool or bask in Italian spa secrets. Wonders of the Uffizi and Duomo are a stroll away and Tuscan hill towns beckon.
8. Dubai, United Arab Emirates — Burj Al Arab Hotel Dubai. Burj Al Arab Hotel Dubai, one of the world’s most luxurious hotels offers reception desks on every floor, rain showers and Jacuzzis in every suite, a Rolls-Royce fleet, butlers on call around the clock and dining under the sea and stars.
9. Niagara Falls, Canada — Hilton Hotel and Suites Fallsview Niagara Falls. Couples can have the best of both sides at the Hilton Hotel and Suites Fallsview Niagara Falls as the property overlooks the US and Canadian Falls. Designed with couples’ romance in mind, many of the rooms are equipped with Jacuzzi tubs and fireplaces.
10. Ayers Rock, Australia — Longitude 131 Hotel Ayers Rock. It’s probably the last place most sensible newly married couples would choose for a honeymoon, in the middle of the desert, but this luxurious 5-star property has undoubtedly one of the best views in the world overlooking Uluru (Ayers Rock). With just fifteen tents in total at Longitude 131 Hotel Ayers Rock couples only have to share this amazing experience with just a few others.
HotelsCombined.com is the world’s leading hotel price comparison search engine. The site streamlines more than 2,500,000 real-time international hotel deals simultaneously, aggregating prices from online travel agents and hotel chains, including Expedia.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity.com, Agoda.com, Accor Hotels, Hilton, Choice Hotels, Best Western and Intercontinental Hotel Group. With no mark-up fees or additional booking fees, HotelsCombined.com offers travelers a completely free service to find the best available hotel deals.